The WDC is the statutory body promoting economic and social development in counties Donegal, Sligo, Leitrim, Roscommon, Mayo, Galway and Clare.
The WDC’s five strategic goals are:
- Contribute to balanced regional development by ensuring that the Western Region maximises its full potential for economic and social development.
- Promote the benefits of living, working and doing business in the Western Region.
- Support the sustainable economic and social development of the rural economy.
- Provide risk capital to SMEs and social enterprises.
- Operate the WDC as a competent and effective organisation.