The WDC has the following vacancy:
Assistant Principal – Head of Sustainable Enterprise
(Fixed Term – 2 Years)
- Purpose of position:
Reporting to the CEO of the WDC, the successful candidate will lead the Sustainable Enterprise Pillar of the ‘Work Smarter, Live Better’ 2019 – 2024 Strategic Plan. The goal of the Sustainable Enterprise Pillar is the development of sustainable regional capacity, in one or more emerging sectors, for long term growth within the region. This role will lead the development of a framework and programme design including collaborating with community, state and education stakeholders to develop investment vehicles and opportunities in emerging sectors, and ensure ongoing regional and national competitiveness.
The person required for this role will have proven experience of both public and private senior stakeholder engagement; contributing to broader investment initiatives through researching sectors for investment; communications of conditions, risks and opportunities within emerging markets; and strategic analysis of investment opportunities in the region.
- Key responsibilities:
- Researching, identifying and developing key sectors to build a sustainable pipeline for the Western Investment Fund in the long term
- Liaising with key stakeholders throughout that process and putting structures in place to deliver sectoral programmes and/or investment vehicles to build niche regional capacity in the long term
- To lead in the development of a portfolio of Social Enterprise, among other portfolio opportunities for Western Investment Fund (WIF) investment
- Lead the introduction of appropriate Management Information Systems to support the work of the WIF
- Experience & skills:
- Demonstrable evidence of senior stakeholder engagement, team leadership, management and delivery of projects through collaboration across multiple interested parties and senior stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and experience in Portfolio Management preferable with a strong understanding of equity markets
- Proven experience of financial statement analysis, evaluation methods and financial modelling
- Self-motivated with the ability to build consensus, prioritise work load and deliver on targets within tight deadlines
- Minimum Level 9 qualification and/or professional membership of accounting or legal body preferred
This post is a fixed term 2 year contract. The contract is subject to a six month probationary period. All staff appointments are subject to the WDC Act.
All staff members are required to sign up to the WDC Code of Business Conduct under the code of Practice for the Governance of State Bodies.
The WDC Head Office is in Ballaghaderreen, Co. Roscommon. WDC staff are also located in Galway and Sligo. The successful candidate may seek to be located in Ballaghaderreen, Galway or Sligo in line with the remote working policy of the WDC.
The successful candidate will be required to travel in support of the seven county Western Region.
The salary scale for this post will be equivalent to that of the Civil Service Assistant Principal Standard Scale:
Personal Pension Contribution (PPC) Pay Rate: The salary for this position, with effect from 1st October 2018 is as follows: €66,495, €68,898, €71,289, €73,687, €76,080, €77,460, €79,8761 €82,3002
Please note: The starting salary for the person appointed to this post will be the first point on the above scale unless the successful application has previous reckonable public sector experience.
- To apply:
Please clearly state the competition you are applying for in the subject line of the email, submit a cover letter and CV (of no more than four pages) detailing your experience, qualifications and any other relevant information, to email@example.com
A panel may be formed to fill further Sustainable Enterprise positions at HEO or AP level which may arise within 2019/20 (next 12 months), subject to sanction from the Department of Rural and Community Development.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Tuesday 10th September 2019 at 5.00 pm.
The WDC is an equal opportunities employer
Canvassing will disqualify
Ba bhuntáiste é líofacht sa Ghaeilge