Happy New Year to all our WDC Insights blog readers! As we start into 2017 this is a good time to reflect on what we’ve done over the last 12 months.
2016 was a busy year for the Western Development Commission’s Policy Analysis team and this infographic summarises some of our key work throughout the year.
- 42 posts on our WDC Insights blog on topics ranging from self-employment and eWork to county incomes, local government finance, rural development and broadband roll-out
- 6 WDC Insights publications highlighting key findings of our analysis of rail freight, labour markets, enterprise and Census 2016
- A detailed report on the Preliminary Results of Census 2016 for the Western Region
- 5 submissions (public and private) to national policy consultations on the viability of rural towns, development plans for both the natural gas and electricity transmission networks and Census 2021
- 6 presentations regionally and nationally, as well as chairing and participating in conferences
And at the end of the year, we produced our first infographic ‘This is the Western Region’ highlighting a variety of statistics about the Western Region.
2016 also saw us (finally) join the Twittersphere @WDCInsights
Looking forward to 2017.
Deirdre Frost, Helen McHenry & Pauline White
If you want to take a closer look at our ‘WDC Policy Analysis 2016’ infographic you can download the pdf here.